This scrumptious, nutritious Chinese language-style Crunchy Mandarin Tofu Salad is a vegan tackle a basic Asian hen salad. You’ll love this scrumptious, wholesome mandarin salad for meal prep, lunches, picnics, events and extra!
- 1 (16-ounce bundle) extra-firm tofu, pressed (discover ways to press tofu here)
- 1/3 cup corn starch
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optionally available)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper (optionally available)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Soy Sesame Dressing:
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups finely sliced or coarsely shredded crimson cabbage
- 2 cups sprouts (i.e., alfalfa, mung, sunflower)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup chopped contemporary cilantro
- 4 mandarin oranges, peeled, segmented (or 15-ounce can mandarin oranges, no sugar added, drained)
- 3 inexperienced onions, sliced
- 1 bundle (about 3 ounces) inexperienced ramen noodles* (i.e., GreeNoodles, or Lotus Foods), with out spice packet
- ½ cup coarsely chopped almonds
- To make crispy tofu: Press tofu (find out how here) so as to press out additional liquid. Slice into cubes. Place cornstarch, salt (optionally available), and black pepper in a shallow dish. Roll tofu cubes within the cornstarch combination to coat nicely.
- Warmth vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high warmth. Add coated tofu cubes and brown, stirring steadily with tongs to evenly prepare dinner, on all sides till mild golden in coloration (about 8 minutes complete cooking time). Take away from warmth and put aside.
- To make Sesame Soy Dressing: Whisk collectively sesame oil, rice vinegar, agave syrup, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and crimson chili pepper flakes in a small dish till nicely mixed. Put aside.
- Assemble salad by inserting romaine lettuce, crimson cabbage, sprouts, carrots, mandarin oranges, inexperienced onions, and cilantro in a big salad or serving bowl.
- Crush the dried inexperienced ramen noodles by making a small slit within the bundle, and crushing the bundle together with your fingers or with a rolling pin, till the noodles are damaged into small items (about 1 inch). Add to the salad bowl. Add the cooled tofu and almonds.
- Drizzle with the Sesame Soy Dressing.
- Gently toss collectively the salad elements with tongs to distribute nicely.
- Serve instantly, or retailer leftovers as much as 2 days in an hermetic container within the fridge.
- Makes 6 giant entrée-sized servings (about 2 ½ cups every).
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Prepare dinner Time: 8 minutes
- Class: Salad
- Delicacies: American, Asian
- Serving Dimension: 1 serving
- Energy: 313
- Sugar: 16 g
- Sodium: 628 mg
- Fats: 15 g
- Saturated Fats: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 36 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 12 g